Sunday, November 14, 2010

Emily is 90 Weeks Old!

Emily is 90 weeks old today!  Another tooth popped through on the bottom, so we are up to 9!  Those molars are still working their way through but are mostly there now.  Emily is just so much fun.  I have recapped a fun girls day at home for you.

Wednesday - We had a great day at home today.  We played all morning and spent over an hour playing with Emily's stuffed animals in her crib.  I pulled out a big sheet and made a tent out of her crib.  We had a lot of laughs and had a great morning.  After nap I asked Emily is she wanted to go on the potty (she always says no and that's the end of it) but this time she said yes.  We went to the bathroom and she sat on the potty for awhile and got on and off a few times.  She noticed the water and we talked about that for awhile and talked about how she goes swimming in the pool water, dolphins go swimming in the ocean, and the poopies go swimming in the toilet, then what do you know, she poops!  Of course she was standing next to the potty and not sitting on it, but I scooped it into the toilet and we got to watch it "swim".  She was so proud of herself and so excited for being such a big girl!  I know we are no where near actually being potty trained, but it was an exciting moment.  We ended the day by making chocolate chip cookies together and I don't think I've ever had so much fun baking.  Emily put all of the ingredients into the bowl and we just had a great time together.  Then, I let her lick the beaters and she is definitely a cookie dough lover (who wouldn't be?).  We had a great day and Emily had some real "Big Girl" moments.  Can't wait for the adventure to continue!


Fun in the crib!


Mmmmm...cookie dough!


Cookie face!


Making funny noises!


Big sister going for a slide!
Getting ready for our new bundle of joy to arrive in April.


90 Weeks Old


Sunday afternoon was  a surprise birthday party for Debbie.  Larry, Lawrence, and Brandon did a great job pulling off the surprise.  Here are a few pics from the day.


Melissa and her boys.


Cristin and Connor


SURPRISE!


We tried to get a picture of all 4 great grandkids and this was the best I got!


Everyone loves Uncle Jesse!


Emily had to be outside all day.  She didn't care if she was running around or reading books, just wanted to be outside.  This may be a long winter!

No comments: