Tuesday, September 9, 2014

And the Boy starts Preschool

My baby had his first full day of preschool today.  He was excited to go and didn't seem nervous at all.  He is much more laid back than Emily was (and maybe I am too, since I've been through it already!)  He has been in the school for two years dropping off and picking up Emily, so he felt comfortable already and was ready to begin his own journey.  I know kids are different and have different experiences, so I'm really curious to see how William does and can't wait to see him grow and learn.

The emotions did hit me a little bit after I dropped him off, and I drove off alone, and as sad as I am about my baby growing up, this next stage is super fun also.  He gets to go to school and since Emily is in school all day we have a lot of Mommy Son bonding time!  I'm glad the year is off to a great start for both kids and I know it will continue!

You will see in the pictures, but I just can't help but chuckle at his ideas for a future occupation.  I've been asking him quite a bit to see if he's consistent.  The one he mentions most is construction worker.  He loves big trucks and sees road construction EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.  I'm glad one of us enjoys the stopping of traffic and big trucks around all the time!  One day we were driving in the car and I asked Emily first, so she of course said doctor.  She picked one thing and she's sticking to it!  Right after that I asked William and he says a Construction Worker, a doctor, a bat, and a DRAGON (in one of his crazy voices).  Michael and I couldn't help but laugh.  When it finally came time for the sign he settled on Construction worker, garbage man, and dragon.  He really wants to be a dragon.  He was a dragon for Halloween last year and wants to be the same dragon again this year.  I just hope the costume still fits!! 

I amazingly got quite a few details about William's day.  All of the kids in his class are his friends and he got to be the Weather Watcher.  When I asked him if he had a job, he said no.  Then in conversation I was asking about songs and he mentioned the weather watcher song (we of course know them all because Emily taught us!)  and he said he didn't sing it with everyone.  When I asked why he said because he was the one watching the weather.  Nothing like finding out things in a roundabout way, but I'll take it!  A whole lot better than the one word answers I was expecting!

Here are some pics from William's first day.



Walking big sis to school


Waiting to go in my silly boy.


Putting his marble in the up with his teacher.


Fun on the slide!

These were all from his orientation when I got to stay with him.


Outfit laid out for his first real day!


First day!


It's almost time, we just have to march Emily to school first!




He was ready to go in!  He made sure to get his Mommy hugs first, then went right in.  So big!!

And a few from the big camera...


Cheese!


He's ready


Gotta get a pic by the door to see how they grow!


 Yes, he knows the sign is upside down!


But now it's upside down to me, Mom!


 The things William chose for the "Get to Know Me" bag at school.
I'd say they sum him up pretty well! :)

3 comments:

Madeline said...

It's been a month, when are the pictures coming?

Sara said...

I was about to post some, but not sure I should now! So impatient!!! We've been busy!

Madeline said...

Thank You!